Fiber optic sensor for monitoring manholes, handholes, cabinet doors, junction boxes, and a host of other applications.
- 25km range with no power required on the perimeter
- Immune to EMI and RFI transmissions and lightening
- Rugged and Sealed for use in wet and harsh environments
Standard limit switch functioning on copper wire.
- Limited range due to the resistance in the copper wire used to connect the switch to a monitoring point (usually less than 1,500 feet)
- Susceptible to electrical disturbances in the environment (lightening etc)
- Subject to corrosion due to fertilizer and salt (for melting snow)
- Switch may be easily defeated by cutting the wire or splicing around it